1. Contest Summary: CP Family Network iPad Giveaway: We will choose one child affected by cerebral palsy to be our video contest winner. The winner will receive a free iPad 2 and free assistive technology and education apps.
2. Sponsor: Cerebral Palsy Family Network, 6700 Manchaca Road Suite 101, Austin, TX 78745.
3. Eligibility: This contest is open to families with cerebral palsy children under 18 years of age who are legal residents of the United States. Employees and immediate family members of Sponsor or its affiliated or subsidiary companies, or its advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter the contest but they may vote in the contest during the voting period. Contest entry opens on October 15, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on November 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (“Contest Entry Period”). October 15, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on November 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (“Voting Period”). Contest is governed by laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All times referred to in these official rules are based on Eastern Time. The Cerebral Palsy Family Network is the official timekeeper for this contest.
4. How To Enter: To enter visit Facebook.com/cpfamilynetworks during the Contest Entry Period and follow the instructions to submit an entry. Contestants should submit a video of between 2.5 minutes and 5 minutes in length telling us and/or showing us how a cerebral palsy child in your life could benefit from the assistive technology apps available on an iPad. Be sure to include a brief summary of the child’s cerebral palsy story. Be creative! All entries must also include your full name and email address (collectively the “Entry”). In order to enter the video contest the participant must have a YouTube account. You can sign up for YouTube with a Gmail email account. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified and removed from the website. Any Entry that does not contain all necessary information will be disqualified. Any video which (i) is not viewable or (ii) on which the audio is not clear, or (iii) which fails to meet the specification and/or submission guidelines set forth in these official rules will be disqualified and will not be judged. Please be certain to follow all directions. Limit one Entry per email address.
All Entries and any parts thereof must be the original work of Entrant and may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards and must not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an Entry, entrants hereby grant to Sponsor all rights, title and interest in your Entry, including without limitation the right to post the Entry on Facebook.com/cpfamilynetworks and other websites, and the right to alter, edit and modify the Entry. Entrants agree that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose including without limitation posting the Entry to any online social networks. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify and take down any video at any time if it is deemed to be inappropriate or if any copyright or other intellectual property claim of ownership is made regarding the Entry or any part thereof.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that is:
Sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derrogatory of any ethnic, racial gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic or contains nudity
Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
Is obscene or offensive, endorses any form of hate or hate group
Appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries
Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies
Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or contains any personal identification such as license plate numbers, names, email addresses or street addresses of any persons other than Entrant
Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (without permission)
Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any person other than Entrant (without permission)
Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate and/or violates any law.
5. Winner determination/Judging: One (1) video winner will be selected by popular vote. Starting on October 15, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and continuing until November 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (“the Voting period”) all Entries will be posted at Facebook.com/cpfamilynetworks. During this Voting Period the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite(s). At the end of the Voting Period, the entry with the highest vote tallies will be declared the winner.
In the event of a tie, staff members of the Cerebral Palsy Family Network will make the final decision. Decision of the Cerebral Palsy Family Network is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. By entering this contest you agree to abide by the decisions of the Cerebral Palsy Family Network in relation to this contest.
6. Prizes: The winner of the video contest will receive an iPad 2, OtterBox case for the iPad 2 and free assistive technology and educational apps for the iPad. Winner will be asked to follow up with the Cerebral Palsy Family Network periodically to let us know how the cerebral palsy child is using the iPad and apps. The Cerebral Palsy Family Network will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. The Cerebral Palsy Family Network reserves the right not to award all prizes if in its sole discretion it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
7. Selection of Winner: The Winner will be determined on or about November 20, 2012 and notified by by email within 30 days of selection. If Winner has not responded within 30 days of prize notification attempt, Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Cerebral Palsy Family Network and its agencies (if any) to use the winners’ name, address (city and state only) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
8. Voting: All Entries will be subject to a vote by users as explained above. The Voting Period begins on October 15, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on November 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. During the Voting Period, users may view the submissions received and vote for their favorite by going to Facebook.com/cpfamilynetworks and entering the contest pages by clicking “like.” Users must “like” Cerebral Palsy Family Network’s Facebook page in order to vote in the contest. Once a user has “liked” Cerebral Palsy Family Network, they can then view the entries and vote for their favorite(s). Each person may vote for as many entries as they wish on any given day, but may only vote once per day for any one entry. The use of any automated entry and/or voting device is prohibited and any votes or entries discovered to originate from such a device will not be counted and any person employing such device will be disqualified.
9. Conditions: Cerebral Palsy Family Network is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Cerebral Palsy Family Network is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Cerebral Palsy Family Network reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason, including the right to modify the contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria. In such instance winners will be determined based on eligible entries received prior to termination. Entrants agree to indemnify Cerebral Palsy Family Network, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Cerebral Palsy Family Network, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right to change or modify the voting period due to technical or other difficulties. Cerebral Palsy Family Network also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
10. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 500.
11. No Facebook Endorsement. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook. By entering this sweepstakes you release Facebook from any and all liability regarding this sweepstakes.
12. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners, have any questions about the Contest, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Cerebral Palsy Family Network, specify your request and write to: Cerebral Palsy Family Network iPad Giveaway, 6700 Manchaca Rd Suite 101, Austin, TX 78745