Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Advocacy Center of Louisiana
The Advocacy Center of Louisiana (AC) is the protection and advocacy (P&A) system for Louisiana. AC protects, empowers, and advocates for people with disabilities throughout the state, and for adults over age 60 in Orleans Parish.
There is no charge for AC services. AC provides 6 types of assistance:
● Information and Referral
● Legal Assistance
● Systems Advocacy
● Outreach and Training
● Legislative Information and Education
● Investigations of Abuse and Neglect
The Advocacy Center of Louisiana serves Louisiana residents with:
● physical disabilities
● mental illness
● intellectual disabilities
● traumatic brain injury
The Advocacy Center of Louisiana provides services to people with disabilities and seniors regardless of income.
● Reduce incidences of illegal exclusions from schools.
● Obtain appropriate transition services.