Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Connectability – Support Services
ConnectAbility is committed to encourage, enrich, empower and equip children and adults with disabilities, their families, care providers and the communities in which they live.
A Thousand Words Project – Brings people together to create art. Artists work as a team to learn about photography and sharing stories. The project culminates in an annual celebration.
In Parent Share Groups – Parents of adults & children with special needs meet to share resources and experiences with one another.
Sidekicks – Is a fun, community-based themed event each month for adults & children with special needs and their siblings. Sidekicks Family Events are a chance for the whole family to spend an evening together.
Sibling Workshops – Are for brothers and sisters of kids with special needs to address the unique needs and challenges of this group with lots of fun mixed in.
The ConnectAbility 5k/10k Race – Is held each fall in Dahlonega. Fun & challenging courses are USATF Certified and the whole family can enjoy a great day together. Everyone is welcome to race with us! Register and learn more at www.GArunner.org
Additional Services: A Family Support Specialist helps families identify:
• Current needs within the family
• Resources currently available to the family The Specialist:
• Links families to additional resources
• Assists with applying for scholarships and/or Medicaid or other support options to defray medical or therapeutic expenses
• Works with families transitioning from high school to adulthood as well as other life transitions.