Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Easter Seals of Louisiana
Easter Seals Louisiana is a non-profit, community based health agency whose mission is to help children and adults with disabilities achieve independence through a variety of programs and services. Easter Seals also includes families as active members of any therapy program, and offers the support families need.
Programs and Services provided by Easter Seals Louisiana include:
- Mental Health Services
- Scoliosis Screening
- Post-polio Support
- Equipment Loan Program – Easter Seals Louisiana offers the loan of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) to disabled individuals who have no other resource for the equipment. Easter Seals maintains an inventory of donated new and used Durable Medical Equipment. Durable Medical Equipment most commonly provided by Easter Seals includes standard and motorized wheelchairs, bedside commodes, shower and tub benches as well as transfer devices. Walkers, canes and reachers are also available. The process for obtaining a piece of equipment is simple. Contact our New Orleans office and ask to speak to someone about the equipment loan program.
- Specific Assistance
- Camping and Recreation
Children and Adults New Opportunity Waiver for children and adults above age three whose name is maintained on the Request for Services Registry and has a qualifying disability. To be placed on the list or for additional information, please call 1-877-456-1146.
Whether injured in an accident as an adult, or facing the challenges of nurturing a newborn with a disability, Easter Seals' Support Coordination staff can guide you in finding the services you need. Contact an Easter Seals Louisiana office near you to learn more
Easter Seals Support Coordinator:
Easter Seals provides Support Coordination based on eligibility to the following individuals:
- Infants and Toddlers (0 to 3 years of age) who qualify through the Office of Public Health Early Steps Program. For further information, please call 1-800-766-7736.
- Children / Adolescents (3 to 21 years of age) who qualify for service as a component of Medicaid's Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Training (EPSDT), and who have been placed on the Request for Services Registry on or after October 20, 1997. To be placed on the list, please call 1-877-456-1146.
- Children (3 to 18 years of age) who qualify for the Children's Choice Waiver with a qualifying disability and meet level of care criteria. To be placed on the Request for Services Registry, please call 1-877-456-1146.
- Elderly and Adult Onset Disability (EDA) for individuals over the age of 21 who have a disabling condition that began after age 21 and who meet eligibility requirements and are currently on the Request for Services Registry. To be placed on the list, or for further information, please call 1-877-456-1146.
Easter Seals Chapters and Locations:
Easter Seals Louisiana – Covington
19405 Helenberg Road, Suite 1
Covington, LA 70433
Phone: (985) 892-7604
Toll Free: (888) 554-5569
Easter Seals Louisiana – Monroe System Point of Entry (SPOE)
107 Hudson Lane, Ste. B
Monroe, LA 71201
Phone: (318) 322-4788
Toll Free: (877) 322-4788
Easter Seals Louisiana – New Orleans System Point of Entry (SPOE)
1010 Common Street, Suite 2000
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 595-3408
Easter Seals Louisiana – Pineville – Support Coordination
700 Main Street
Pineville, LA 71360
Phone: (318) 442-6990
Toll Free: (877) 649-1212
Easter Seals Louisiana – Shreveport – Mental Health
1513 Line Ave., Ste. 355
Shreveport, LA 71101
Phone: (318) 221-8244
Easter Seals Louisiana – Thibodaux – Support Coordinator
1011 St. Mary Street
Thibodaux, LA 70301
Phone: (985) 449-1021
Toll Free: (877) 449-1021