Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Great Explorations Children’s Museum – St. Petersburg FLORIDA
A museum where children can explore, learn and party! Co-founded in 1986 by the Junior League of St. Petersburg and Hands-On! Inc., Great Explorations Children's Museum opened to an enthusiastic public on November 27, 1987, and has been serving children and families in the greater Tampa Bay area for almost a quarter of a century.
Recognized as one of Florida's top museums and one of America's top museums for children, Great Explorations is affiliated with the Association of Children's Museums and is a member of the Association of Science and Technology Centers with reciprocal admissions to over 140 other museums across the United States.
- Interactive exhibits
- A preschool, after school enrichment
- Field trips
- Targeted outreach
- Workshops for parents and caregivers, as well as leadership and volunteer opportunities for young adults connect the Museum to a broad audience.
At Great Explorations we pride ourselves on providing quality children's experiences for the families in our community. We evaluate ourselves on the quality of the experiences and our ability to introduce new and innovative ways for children to learn through creativity, play and exploration. In 2011 alone we opened several new exhibits including the:
- Touch Tunnel
- The New Generation which provides an immersive sight deprivation experience that heightens the senses of touch and hearing
- Express Yourself Art Studio which is filled with a variety of artistic stations where children experience hands-on creativity in the context of artistic expression
- Raymond James Great Explorations Theater where children perform and experience interactive shows
- Critter Cave exhibit where kids explore a variety of interesting arachnids, reptiles and snakes and participate in interactive shows that accompany the exhibit.