Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Hospital, Wamego City (KS)
Serving the community since 1915, Wamego City Hospital is a 25-bed, critical access hospital. Access to quality healthcare is essential, and Wamego City Hospital provides that care for Pottawatomie and surrounding counties. Services provided include but are not limited to:
Outpatient Specialty Clinic
Swing Bed Program – The goal of the program is to provide a therapeutic environment that assists patients with self-care and helps them toward improved functional abilities. Patients may only be admitted through a physician order following at least a three day acute stay in a hospital.
• Nursing care is provided 24 hours a day to assist, encourage, and plan toward restoring as much
independence as possible.
• A registered dietitian assists with special diets as ordered by the physician.
• Rehabilitation services such as physical, occupational, and speech therapy when ordered by a physician.
• Medications, laboratory services and medical supplies.
• Services provided by the hospital's activity director and discharge planning coordinator.
Wamego Family Health Care – Whether you've just moved to the community or have lived here for years, you can count on the talents and expertise of Wamego Family Health Care (WFHC). The staff at WFHC provide quality medical care for your entire family. Services include wellness checkups for all ages and back-to-school physicals and immunizations for your children.
Heritage Program for Senior Adults – The Heritage Program for Senior Adults at Wamego City Hospital is an intensive outpatient behavioral health treatment program. We offer individualized treatment for older adults who suffer from emotional disorders by providing a combination of therapy and medication management.
A physician referral is not required. All treatment begins with an assessment of the individual's needs. The initial assessment is provided free of charge by a licensed clinician to determine need for services and answer any questions. To provide ongoing quality care, your Primary Care Physician will be updated throughout the admission and treatment process. Program hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Group – Family – Individual – Therapy
• Coping – Positive Living Skills
• Grief and Loss Resolution
• Education as indicated:
– Health and Wellness Training
– Community Resources
• Communication Skills
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Stress Management
• Assertiveness Training
Please visit our website or Contact Us for more information:
Contacts by Department