Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
Parent Teacher Association (PTA) – ALASKA
Alaska Congress of Parents and Teachers – Alaska PTA is a statewide organization organized under the authority of National PTA. Organized in 1957, we have been working for the children of Alaska for 50 years. Alaska PTA is the oldest children’s advocacy group in the state of Alaska, representing 154 local PTA units all over Alaska with over 11,000 members statewide.
Alaska PTA eNews (Blogspot): http://akpta.blogspot.com/
- The purpose of the PTA is to promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.