Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
The Herman & Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai – MARYLAND
With a focus on Family Centered Care, our new facility is officially open! The new and improved space includes larger, ergonomic patient rooms that allow space for the patient care team and family members.
The facility features 26 private inpatient rooms. Each inpatient room is equipped with a video game system, 42” flat screen television, a sleeper sofa bed for parents, storage with a combination lock and a small table for paperwork, homework or playing games. Each room includes a full bathroom with a shower, child seat and a removable shower head for smaller children. Computers are located in each room for staff documentation.
Additional highlights of the new facility include:
- 3,000 square feet hospital lobby
- 34,500 square feet inpatient pediatrics unit
- Interior marine design theme
- Live broadcast feed from National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Larger playroom for kids, and a separate room for teens
- Physical therapy treatment room, two nurses stations and medical staff offices on the unit
- Pediatric themed décor including furniture, art and accessories
- Spacious rooms with windows and lots of natural light
- Several small gathering areas for patients and families outside of their rooms
- Green roof area which is visible from the playroom area
- Family hospitality area that includes a microwave, sink and refrigerator
- Environmental control spaces and clinical support spaces
- On-site Build A Bear store
- Live broadcast feed from National Aquarium in Baltimore – Coming Soon!