Search below to find a hospital, doctor, therapy, and more
WASHINGTON Assistive Technology Act Program
Washington's Assistive Technology Act Program provides Assistive Technology resources and expertise to all Washingtonians with disabilities to aid in making decisions and obtaining the technology and related services needed for employment, education and independent living.
We offer information to family members, employers, employment service providers, educators, health care providers, social service providers and others seeking assistive technology (what is assistive technology?) services and knowledge. WATAP is part of the University of Washington Center for Technology & Disability Studies and is guided by a consumer-majority advisory council. Learn more about us and the Advisory Council.
At WATAP you can:
- Try AT: Device Demonstrations and Device Borrowing
- Get AT: Low-Interest Loans, Computer Reuse, and CC-TV Rentals
We offer several services related to consultation and evaluations (through UWCTDS), training, technical assistance, information and referral. Contact us at 1-800-214-8731 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about training and technical assistance. For Evaluations and Consultations Contact us at 1-800-214-8731 or email@example.com for information or to schedule an evaluation.
We also work with a number of excellent partners throughout the state.
Low Interest Financing – WATAP contracts with the Washington Access Fund to offer financial services to help individuals pay for technologies through three financing programs:
- Assistive Technology Loans are offered for assistive devices, services and modifications to homes and vehicles.
- Business Equipment Loans are available for business equipment and related services needed to work from home as an entrepreneur or employee.
- Individual Development Accounts (IDA), offered through the Washington Access Fund, are dollar for dollar matched savings accounts to help low income households purchase assistive technology and business equipment.
For more information on qualifications, interest rates and loan applications visit the Washington Access Fund.
Contact us at WATAP's Information and Referral phone number (for in-state inquiries only):
Washington Assistive Technology Act Program
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7920
(800) 214-8731 Toll-Free Hotline
(866) 866-0162 Toll-Free TTY
(206) 543-4779 Local Fax
Washington Access Fund
100 South King Street, Suite 280
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 328-5116 Voice
(877) 428-5116 Toll-Free Voice
(888) 808-8942 Toll-Free TTY
If you do not live in Washington State, please contact your state's Assistive Technology Program. You may find contact information for all 56 programs at: http://www.resnaprojects.org/nattap/at/statecontacts.html